History of Serenity Winery
In addition to farming more than 1,600 acres, Gene Soltis, Parkman native, began farming this beautiful 50 acres (Serenity) of prime Geauga County farmland more than 20 years ago. Prior to this, it was farmed by Mildred and Joe Hava, brother and sister who owned the farm. After Joe passed away, Gene rented it from Mildred. “Mildred was the sweetest and kindest lady you could have ever known.” After she passed, Gene bought the farm from her niece.
Gene and his wife Roxanne let the 1901 Dairy barn sit idle for a time. After visiting many wineries, the couple realized venue and winery choices in Geauga County are limited, and thought it would be great to design a place that others could enjoy that would include Serenity specialty wines but also they would bring in fabulous wines from different regions.
Gene was also inspired to build the event barn which serves as a beautiful event venue. The Soltis’ wanted to create a serene place where everyone could come relax and enjoy the day!